Home Business Add-On Retainer Agreement
This Home Business Add-on Retainer Agreement (the “Add-on Plan,” or the “Agreement”) is between the interested entrepreneur (the “Access Client”) and Tingen & Williams, PLLC, a professional limited liability company located at 1801 Bayberry Court, Suite 203, Richmond, Virginia 23226 (“Tingen & Williams,” the “Firm,” or the “Attorney”). The Access Client and Tingen & Williams may be collectively referred to as the “Parties” for the purposes of this Agreement.
This Agreement is designed to offer limited business services to an Access Client who wholly owns and operates a non-public entity or conducts an income-producing activity of which has no employees other than immediate family members (“Home Business”).
This Agreement is offered by Tingen & Williams as an affordable true retainer for certain legal services to be provided by a Tingen & Williams attorney at law (“Attorney”), and the Access Client desires to retain such services.
Accordingly, the Parties agree as follows:
Article 1 – Definitions
1.1 Definitions. The capitalized terms defined in the preamble of this Add-on Plan Agreement have the meanings assigned to them, and each of the following terms
- “Member Discount” means a deduction of 25% from the Attorney’s standard hourly rate in all legal matters not included or provided for in this Agreement, unless otherwise noted.
- “Access Plan Year” means either a monthly payment toward this Add-on Plan, paid by the Access Client, for a consecutive 12-month duration from the initial Add-on Plan
purchase,or a single payment period lasting 12 months before needfor renewal.
- “Professional Judgment” means the application of relevant training, knowledge
andexperience, within the context of the legal profession, in making informed decisions when addressing all matters relating to the relationship between the Attorney and the Access Client.
Article 2 – Home Business Add-On Plan Purchase
2.1 The Exchange. Tingen and Williams shall make available to the Access Client all services incorporated herein and shall provide all unincorporated or excluded services at a discount price, as provided within this Agreement, upon the Access Client’s purchase of the Access Plan services.
2.2 Payment Period. The purchase of Access Plan services shall renew on a monthly or annual basis, depending on the selected payment option.
2.3 Payment Method. The Access Plan fee shall automatically be renewed either every 30
2.4 Billing. The Access Client shall be notified via email after each renewal of payment.
Article 3 – Home Business Add-On Plan Services
The following services are provided by this Agreement:
3.1 Telephone or Online Consultation. The Access Client shall be entitled to telephone or online consultations of up to 3 business-related legal matters per month which arise as a result of Home Business activities or interests. This includes the ownership of the business, corporate entity, or any income-producing property or venture regardless of the full-time or part-time nature of the business. Consultations shall be available to the extent the Attorney considers it necessary to adequately advise the Access Client on the legal matter at hand up until the duration of
3.2 Document Review. Following consultation, the Access Client shall be entitled to submit for review any document of 15 pages or less relating to the consultation. The Access Client shall provide a copy of the document to be reviewed to the Attorney. The Attorney shall then review the copy and advise the Access Client’s Designated Agent by telephone or online consultation on any areas of concern and the legal implication of those provisions and their conformity to state and federal law.
- Exemption: Document Review does not include
reviewof documents relating to ongoing court proceedings or lawsuits, such as petitions, complaints, requests or motions for courtorder.
- Notices: Document Review shall be limited to the review of three documents per month, with a cumulative limit of 12 documents per Access Plan Year. Each additional review of a single document, beyond its initial review, shall be considered a separate document review toward the 12-document limit under this Agreement. All reviews beyond the 12-document and any further legal service not provided in this section shall be available under the Membership Discount.
3.3 Letter or Telephone Call. If the Attorney, in his or her Professional Judgment, determines from a consultation with the Access Client that either a letter or telephone call would be beneficial to the Access Client, then an initial letter or telephone call, for each unrelated legal matter, shall be written or made on behalf of the Access Client. In the event a response is received from a third party to the initial letter or call, a follow-up letter or call shall be provided if the Attorney, in his or her Professional Judgment, determines such action to be necessary.
- Exemptions: The Attorney shall not be obligated to send any communication relating to debt collection. Additionally, Letter or Telephone Call services shall not include communications relating to Specialty Consultations.
- Notices: Letter or Telephone Call services are limited to the following:
- Initial letters or calls are limited to six per Access Plan Year and only one per subject matter.
- No more than two letters or calls shall be made in any one month
. It is the responsibility of the Access Client to provide, in a timely manner, sufficient documentation enabling the Attorney to write a letter or make a call . It is at the sole discretion of the Attorney, in his or her Professional Judgment, to determine whether a letter or call is appropriate in the given situation.
3.4 Specialty Consultation. Certain legal matters may require the Attorney to seek outside counsel in order to adequately assist the Access Client. The Access Client is entitled to receive a total of two telephone consultations, each up to a duration of
- Intellectual Property;
- International Law;
- Import/Export or customs matters;
- IRS Audits.
- Exemption: No other services are available under Specialty Consultation except as provided in this section.
Article 4 – General Provisions & Exemptions
4.1 Incorporation of Individual Access Retainer Agreement Provisions. All provisions related to termination, dispute resolution, general exemptions, and general provisions of the Individual Access Retainer Agreement apply to this Agreement.
4.2 Exemption of Specialty Matters. All services relating to matters contained within the Specialty Consultation section are exempt beyond what is provided under this Agreement.
4.3 Geographic Scope of Retainer. The services contemplated by the retainer agreement are limited in geographic scope to legal issues in the state of Virginia.
Last Updated: 2/21/2019