Knowledge is Power

And we’re sharing that power with you. Search our practice

area knowledge base, or read featured articles below.

Law Talk










Estate Planning for People With Disabilties

If you want to provide for a family member with a disability in your estate plan, consider creating a Virginia Special Needs Trust.

What Can I Trademark?

Knowing what can be registered as a trademark will help you strengthen your brand. Market your business in ways that will enhance protection under trademark law.

A Historical Overview of U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Laws

Immigration laws in the U.S., both past and present, are subject to political, social, and economic changes.

When Can I Apply for United States Citizenship?

You must be a Permanent Resident of the United States for a certain period of time before applying for United States citizenship

EB-5: Investing with a Regional Center or Creating Your Own Project

In this article, we’ll go over the differences between investing with a regional center and creating your own project. While the vast majority (around 95%) of applicants prefer to invest with a regional center, going your own way can have its advantages.

A Quick Guide to Arraignment Procedure

In Virginia, the word “arraignment” can refer to two different types of criminal proceedings. In this article we explore the ins and outs of arraignment procedure in Virginia.

Podcast & Live Video

Our lawyers are active online and on social media. Check out our weekly Facebook Live program (and podcast), Law Talk with Tingen & Williams, where we answer your legal questions.

Legal Knowledge Base

Tingen & Williams is committed to creating excellent content so that you can find answers to important legal questions. Via the knowledge base, we help more than 300,000 site visitors annually.
Interpreting Trademark Search Results

Conducting due diligence before you register your trademark is an important step. A trademark search report will give you confidence in your brand as you move forward with registration.

A Quick Guide to Virginia’s Dangerous Dog Laws

Virginia follows the “one bite” rule when it comes to dangerous dogs, meaning that the dog’s owner is only liable if the dog was already proven aggressive.

What is the Trademark Official Gazette?

The Trademark Official Gazette gives existing trademark holders an opportunity to object to new registrations and protect their trademarks.

8 Things that can cause your Driver’s License to be Suspended

Losing your license in Virginia is actually surprisingly easy, and can happen for a number of reasons. This article covers 8 common ways Virginia residents end up with suspended licenses.

Why Smart Parents Make Their Own Child Support Agreements
In Virginia, it is often a good idea for separating parents to make their own child support agreements, rather than rely on the court to decide child support. If the courts decide the terms of your child support agreement, they will follow Virginia child support...
What Are the U.S. Visa Options for Professional Athletes?

The P Visa and the O Visa are two of the most common visas used by immigrants who want to participate in athletic events in the U.S.







Criminal Defense






Family Law






Think you can’t afford to hire a lawyer?

Think again.

With monthly plans starting at $29/month, Tingen & Williams provides true retainer plans to clients who are interested in having a lawyer they can talk to, at a price they can afford.

Visit the Tingen & Williams online store.

It’s time to #Lawyerup!

Buy t-shirts, mugs, apparel, and more, all with messages to help you affirm your constitutional rights.

Share This