Jacob graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law and was accepted to the Virginia Bar in 2012. Less than 30 days after being admitted to the bar, Jacob launched his own legal practice. What began in a home office has quickly grown to a practice with multiple attorneys and staff serving literally thousands of clients throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, and from throughout the world.
Immigration is the largest area of practice at Tingen & Williams. Jacob has personally handled more than one thousand immigration matters ranging from family-based green cards, DACA, and deportation defense to business immigration matters such as H-1B and EB-5 visas. Jacob is a principal of a recently designated EB-5 Regional Center, Utah Global Investments.
As an extension of the firm’s immigration practice, Jacob has also led the firm in litigation over the detention and treatment of immigrants. Jacob currently teaches an Immigrant Rights practicum course as adjunct faculty at the University of Richmond School of Law.
In addition to immigration, Jacob helps businesses and non-profit organizations with issues ranging from branding, marketing, and trademark registration to business registration, management, and contractual matters.
Jacob Tingen is the Managing Partner of Tingen & Williams.
- Trademark & Business Law
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 2007
Admissions & Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar
- Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
Publications & Lectures:
- Understanding and Implementing Advanced Search Technologies in E-Discovery
- Project South: Representing Muslims and Arab-Americans in Challenging Times
- ACLU Legal Summit: Unconstitutionality of Over-Detention
- University of Richmond School of Law Summer Success in the Private Sector: Panel Participate
- University of Richmond School of Law Technology Bootcamp: Content Marketing for Lawyers and Law Firms
- Family Lifeline: Presentation on Asylum and U Visa
- VAHCC Business Summit: Starting Your Business from the Ground Up
Talk to Us!
Think you can’t afford to hire a lawyer?
With monthly plans starting at $29/month, Tingen & Williams provides true retainer plans to clients who are interested in having a lawyer they can talk to, at a price they can afford.
Visit the Tingen & Williams online store.
It’s time to #Lawyerup!
Buy t-shirts, mugs, apparel, and more, all with messages to help you affirm your constitutional rights.