Jennifer recently joined Tingen & Williams where she focuses on providing representation to clients with criminal defense and immigration needs. Jennifer knew from a young age she wanted to be an attorney because she served as her sister’s advocate every time their parents refused to allow them to have fun. Ever
Originally from the Dominican Republic, Jennifer moved to the United States with the goal of becoming an attorney. As an immigrant, Jennifer has first-hand knowledge of the intricacies of immigration laws. After moving to the United States, Jennifer pursued her undergraduate education in Florida. Upon graduating from college, Jennifer relocated to Virginia, where she attended law school at William & Mary. While in law school, Jennifer worked for various public defender offices which confirmed her passion for criminal defense and its intersection with immigration law.
Primary Practice Areas:
- Criminal Defense & Traffic Offenses
- Protective Orders & Civil Law Issues
- Power of Attorney and Guardianships
- Special Education
- J.D. William and Mary
Universityof Central Florida – Legal Studies
- Valencia Community College
Professional and Bar Association Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, Membership Committee Member
- Alexander Matthew Foundation, Board of Directors
Publications & Lectures:
- A Three-year-old Cannot Represent Herself in Court: The need to Appoint Counsel to Children in Removal proceedings, The Comparative Jurist (Apr. 6, 2018).
The communication is quick and responsive. I like how you’re in a central place in Richmond, I like how good they are in English and Spanish. I keep recommending people because you give great service and you keep getting good results.Carmen Pelaez
Jennifer’s Featured Articles
An Updated Guide to Virginia's Marijuana Laws for 2018
Reckless Driving in Virginia: The Ultimate Guide
Hire a lawyer for just $29/month
Visit the Tingen & Williams online store.
It's time to #Lawyerup!
Buy t-shirts, mugs, apparel, and more, all with messages to help you affirm your constitutional rights.