Jacob graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law and was accepted to the Virginia Bar in 2012. Less than 30 days after being admitted to the bar, Jacob launched his own legal practice. What began in a home office has quickly grown to a practice with multiple attorneys and staff serving thousands of clients throughout both the Commonwealth of Virginia and the broader world.
Jacob has personally handled more than one thousand immigration matters ranging from family-based green cards, DACA, and deportation defense to business immigration matters such as H-1B and EB-5 visas. Jacob is also a principal of a recently designated EB-5 Regional Center, Utah Global Investments.
As an extension of the firm’s immigration practice, Jacob has also led the firm in litigation over the detention and treatment of immigrants. Jacob currently teaches an Immigrant Rights practicum course as adjunct faculty at the University of Richmond School of Law.
In addition to immigration, Jacob helps businesses and non-profit organizations with issues ranging from branding, marketing, and trademark registration to business registration, management, and contractual matters.
Jacob Tingen is the Managing Partner of Tingen & Williams.
- Trademark & Business Law
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 2007
Admissions & Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar
- Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- Adjunct Faculty at the University of Richmond School of Law
Publications & Lectures:
- “Immigration Issues in Richmond.” Panel Moderator, Common Book Event from VCU, Richmond, VA, October 15, 2018.
- “Asylum and Refugee Process & Policy.” Lecture, Law Over Lunch CLE from UR Downtown, Richmond, VA, October 2, 2018.
- “When the American Dream is Denied to Some: Challenging Naturalization and Green Card Delays.” Lecture, Representing Muslims and Arab-Americans in Challenging Times from Project South, University of Richmond, VA, January 26, 2018.
- “Unconstitutionality of Over-Detention.” Panel Discussion, ACLU Legal Summit, University of Richmond, VA, November 17, 2017.
- “Summer Success in the Private Sector.” Panel Discussion, University of Richmond School of Law, University of Richmond, VA, April 6, 2017.
- “Content Marketing for Lawyers and Law Firms.” Lecture, Technology Bootcamp from University of Richmond School of Law, University of Richmond, VA, March 22, 2016.
- “Presentation on Asylum and U Visas.” Lecture, Staff Training from Family Lifeline, Richmond, VA, February 25, 2016.
- “Crecer Su Negocio con el Uso de la Tecnologia.” Lecture, Business Summit from Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Annandale, VA, May 30, 2013.
- Technologies-That-Must-Not-Be-Named: Understanding and Implementing Advanced Search Technologies in E-Discovery, 19 Rich. J.L. & Tech 2 (2012).
Do you know how hard it is to find a lawyer that you can trust? I’m always telling people about Tingen & Williams. Jacob has been our lawyer for 3 years now and he is excellent. He has been great for us, the very best. I wouldn’t be in school right now if it wasn’t for Jacob. Tingen & Williams really is number 1.Sonia Hernandez
Jacob’s Featured Articles
Everything You Need to Know About the EB-5 Visa
United States Trademark Law: The Ultimate Guide
Think you can’t afford to hire a lawyer?
With monthly plans starting at $29/month, Tingen & Williams provides true retainer plans to clients who are interested in having a lawyer they can talk to, at a price they can afford.
Visit the Tingen & Williams online store.
It’s time to #Lawyerup!
Buy t-shirts, mugs, apparel, and more, all with messages to help you affirm your constitutional rights.