Where Do I Find the Fiancé Visa Application?

If you want to bring your alien fiancé into the United States, you will need to file an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé with USCIS.

If you want to bring your alien fiancé into the United States, you will need to file a petition with the USCIS. The petition is called the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé and can be found on USCIS.gov.

This may also be referred to as a K-1 visa application, because an alien fiancé will receive a K-1 visa if the petition is approved.


To find the petition, start at the USCIS.gov homepage. At the top left of the page, click on the heading that says “Forms.”

From this page, you can either scroll down to find the I-129F or you can use the filters to narrow the results. If you choose to filter the results, you will need to go to the dropdown menu and select “family-based applications” and add the search term “fiancé.” The I-129F will be the only result.

The application and information about it can also be found at the URL http://uscis.gov/i-129F.

On this page, the petition and instructions for filing the petition are available in PDF format. Additional information about the petition and filing process are available on this page, such as brief purpose statement for the petition, which address to mail the completed petition to and information on filing fees. The current edition dates are also listed on this page so that you can ensure you are using the proper, up to date form.

Getting Help With the Application

If you need help filling out the application or compiling the right evidence, contact an immigration attorney. Because immigration law is federal law, you can choose a lawyer from anywhere in the country. We hope you consider Tingen & Williams as you search for a qualified immigration attorney.

Was this post helpful?

Schedule a consultation