Last updated on May 21st, 2019
An engagement visa, also known as a K-1 Fiancé Visa, is a visa especially for immigrants who plan to marry in the United States.
If you are newly engaged to a United States citizen, and you want to know if you need a fiancé visa, you should read our article entitled, “Do I Need a Fiancé Visa?“
Obtaining a fiancé visa can be a long and complicated process. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services office (USCIS) is responsible for handling the fiancé visa application, Form I-129F.
First, you’ll want to make sure you meet the basic requirements for the K-1 fiance visa.
Here is an overview of the entire application process.
To make the process a little easier for you and your fiancé, we’ve also put together information about some commonly asked questions that you may want to review.
Click any one of the questions to find an answer and more information:
- How old do I have to be to get a fiancé visa?
- How much does a fiancé visa cost?
- Where do I find the fiancé visa application?
- Can I get a fiancé visa if I have a criminal background?
- What evidence should I include with my fiance visa application?
- How long does it take to get a fiancé visa?
- Does the fiancé visa expire?