What are the K-1 Visa Fees?

There are several fees you need to pay during the K-1 visa process. These can range for USCIS filing fees to attorney and translation fees.

A K-1 visa is a visa issued to the fiancé of a US citizen so they can enter the country. They require the foreigner to marry the petitioner within 90 days, or risk being deported back to their country. Generally, you apply for a K-1 visa by filing an I-129F visa petition.

There can be many extra fees associated with the K-1 Fiancé visa, in addition to the standard processing fee. Most of these fees are paid to the United States government, while some others are paid to different companies that can help you meet the fiancé visa’s requirements.

When applying for a US K-1 visa, be sure to pay the required fees in a timely fashion. Otherwise, your petition may be delayed.

What are the required fees associated with the K-1 Visa?

You’ll have to pay several fees while applying for a K-1 visa:

(Keep in mind that these fees are subject to change. You should always consult the USCIS website for the most updated information.)

Are there any other fees?

Yes. Other fees that you may consider in your budget include:

  • Medical Exam costs: The cost of your medical exam may vary. You will be required to have a medical exam by a U.S. Embassy approved doctor.
  • Travel fees: Once you receive your visa, you will need a way to travel to the U.S.
  • Translation fees: If any of your required documents are in a language other than English, you will need to have them translated. Translation companies may charge around $60 per page.
  • Original Document fees: USCIS requires that some of your documents be the originals. If you do not have the original, you may need to order it and this will probably cost.
  • Legal Services: You may choose to hire an attorney to represent you in your case. Because immigration law is federal, you can hire an immigration attorney licensed to practice in any state.

Was this post helpful?

Schedule a consultation